Broadcast FAST Channels retain 100% of ad revenues with Kapang
Kapang announces 100% of ad revenue will be paid to Broadcast FAST Channels to provide a profitable FAST First sustainable content ecosystem
Kapang is an OTT platform available in the UK and North America across various mobile, tablet, Smart TV, and PCs.
Kapang currently delivers more than 200 million hours of FAST channel Live Streaming TV per annum via its dedicated private CDN with an integrated SSAI & EPG Break bidding Advertising platform.
FAST stands for Free Ad-supported Streaming TV. The service includes live streaming linear TV programs without paying for any subscription. It is an extended version of traditional TV that is streamed over internet-connected devices like CTV and provides accurate and measurable earnings and forecasting for content owners and channel operators.
Kapang’s founders, View TV, are content producers and linear channel creators who previously struggled to assemble a sustainable FAST broadcast solution for their own suite of channels. Although the team tried integrating several different suppliers none of the solutions provided a clear justification for content creation or broadcast-grade curated linear channel projects.
View TV developed FAST2.0 during the covid shutdown, a broadcast approach to the immature Gold-rush FAST market, providing content creators, content aggregators and traditional broadcaster digital transformation participants with a sustainable ecosystem approach with little change when compared with traditional channel broadcasting workflows.
Jamie Branson the founder of View TV has studied the fairness surrounding FAST channel business models and discovered that in some cases content owners were receiving less than 15% of gross earnings despite having more than 60% of the costs and the highest risk.
A typically successful National Niche FAST Channel with unique content should be providing 20-30 hours of unique content per month which can be a mix of archive and new productions, but more than 80% of all FAST channels across all platforms are license-exempt or mothballed broadcast content, which is appealing to budget viewers, but mass cord-cutting audiences demand more.
FAST Channel viewers are the same people that have been subscribing to cable and satellite TV platforms for the last few decades, they expected that their cord-cutting journey would see an unchanged format, a reduction in costs, a better broadcast experience and more choices than they have been used to, with the followed minimum expectations:
- A TV Channel should have most of the channel programming on the top or bottom of the hour providing EPG times of 11:00 am or 12:30 pm,
- A TV channel is proud of its brand and providing onscreen and transition branding gives audiences confidence,
- A TV channel should have ad breaks that are 100% filled and not show “we will be right back” for minutes at a time when ads fail to be sold or delivered,
- Advertising breaks are roughly equally spaced every 10-12 minutes with the ad break at an appropriate place within the programming, e.g., scene change.
Most FAST Channels on platforms today are scheduled VoD to reduce operational complexity and avoid costly human curation but this approach is at the expense of the viewer experience and premium advertiser engagement which is seeing audiences attempting to repair their cord-cutting exercise until the new industry matures.
Due to the user experience being scientifically identified as the main cause of viewer engagement and advertising yield, Kapang has made a bold move to remove non-compliant broadcast services such as FASTChannels.tv, SoFAST, Wurl, MUXIP, Ottera, Zype, & Evrideo to ensure the experience complies with its audience and advertiser demands Kapang is in turn promoting compliant services such as Amagi, OKast Cinegy, Wiseplay and its own Cloudie TV OTT playout solution offering free migration support & subsidized service fees to get channels GPU powered to provide the desired broadcast-grade audience experience.
“It is key that FAST Channels realise that the audience and advertisers only have greater expectations as they transition from traditional cable and satellite services, both parties do not see the need for services to be cheapened and believe public internet should only provide greater efficiency, and quality and choice, they do not believe it is an excuse to applaud cutting corners….” said Jamie Branson
Kapang announced that it will merely charge for technical delivery costs based on channel audience numbers and ad-fill success whilst passing on 100% of ad revenues generated to the channels, providing more than 75% gross profit, 5 times higher than most existing revenue share model platforms enabling content & venture funding opportunities to support premium content & FAST First discussions.
The View TV team has spoken to more than 100 FAST Channels who had raised their concerns with their existing FAST Channel businesses from losing 65% in ad revenue shares (for example FASTCHannels.tv) to be charged thousands of pounds for platform distribution from the likes of Wurl.
The latest Kapang offering solves the top seven problems that FAST Channel Broadcasters expressed as their key hurdles to success:
- HOW CAN I MAKE PLATFORM REVENUE SHARE DEALS FAIR? – We will not take a revenue share in any ad transactions; we charge a fixed ad transaction fee for delivering your revenue stream FAST First content investment becomes a viable opportunity. We also work with platforms as part of a distribution to demonstrate the value in the Broadcast FAST Channels and demonstrate higher earnings from quality content.
- I DON’T HAVE AN AD SALES TEAM HOW DO I GET 100% MANAGED AD SALES? – We automatically link your channel to the right ad agency to maximise your ad revenue for revenue-yielding and predictable earnings, with a 100% paid advertising fill rate for ad break pattern compliance,
Each channel should be generating $0.30 – $1.00/hour watched with the smallest of channels generating more than 2m hours per year with an average channel reporting 10 times higher audience statistics.
- WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT 3 MONTHS TO LAUNCH A CHANNEL? – We will add any legally viable channel to Kapang within 7 days, so no more waiting months to go live on air and no need to convince us your channel deserves a platform EPG, you have the power to turn it on and turn it off,
- HOW CAN I GET AN AFFORDABLE TV PLAYOUT SOLUTION THAT LOOKS LIKE A TV? – We can provide broadcast-grade Cloud Playout, Cloudie TV with full GPU graphics that “looks like real TV” at a subsidized price and complimentary migration support,
- HOW DO I DISTRIBUTE MY CHANNEL ACROSS PLATFORMS WITHOUT RISKY FEES? – We will re-distribute your channel to any platform without any further fixed fees whilst filling and reporting ad pods across all platforms globally.
- AUDIENCE & REVENUE REPORTING TOOLS – We will provide a live reporting dashboard so you can visually view your ad transactions and earnings via the ad agency.
- HOW CAN I AVOID FROM MAKING A FAST CHANNEL LOSS? – We provide live revenue reporting tools and fill unsold adverting slots with promotional advertising so your variable fees will never exceed your channel earnings.
Kapang understands that revenue share models and dream-selling technology businesses have drained the budgets of some early adopting FAST Channel businesses. Kapang appreciates that some of the businesses are not financially strong enough to support change, so Kapang is offering a chosen few either a sustainable revenue share or venture funding support to aid in the transition to a sustainable Broadcast FAST Model via its FAST Track Ventures campaign.
Kapang believes there must be a distinct difference between content owners and channel owners, the latter owning the channel brand, marketing, curation and funding tasks, Kapang is not responsible for making any channel successful, Kapang is providing the platform to trade upon. Content owners who are just looking to receive a simple content revenue share with no technical and operation roles in maintaining a Broadcast FAST channel can join the Kapang revolution via the ultimate owner, View TV, who is licensing chosen content on a 70/30 net revenue deal via their in-house brands and technical curation team.
For any Content aggregator/creator looking to create a Broadcast FAST Channel or an existing FAST channel owner looking to change to a sustainable business model check out the Kapang how to launch a FAST2.0 Channel page. Launch a FAST Channel
Have you checked out the other storioes on https://fastbroadcaster.com